Home is where you often feel safest, however, accidents can happen. Safeguard yourself and your family in your home with these recommendations that every professional Palo Alto electrician provides.
Remember, electricity and water do not gel. If an electrical device contacts water, GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets will certainly help safeguard you from the threat of death by electric shock.
- You will find most GFCIs where water and electricity could mix like bathrooms and kitchens.
- Test your GFCI every month.
- GFCI monitors the electricity flowing in and out of a product. If the electric current fluctuates, the GFCI shuts off the power to circumvent shock.
To avoid electric shock, here are some safety tips:
- Avoid using any electrical appliance like hair dryers while standing on a wet surface.
- Always consider childproofing your home and make your children aware not to play around electricity lines and poles.
- Turn off all the appliances when going out for a few days.
- Every electrical task should be taken care of by a professional electrician in Palo Alto, CA .
- Avoid leaving heaters or hotplates unattended.
It is recommended to get the electrical circuits and the entire system in your home inspected at regular intervals by experienced electrical contractors.